What's new

Sub Woofer Hookup? (1 Viewer)

frankie

Auditioning
Below I have a picture of my receiver. I ordered the in-wall subwoofer from smarthome for my system. Can someone help me with the correct wiring on how to set it up? Thanks.

How do I put in the picture? It's on my desktop.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Frankie,

If this is the subwoofer that you ordered, instructions on how to properly hook it up should be included:

Subwoofer from Smarthome

Please keep in mind that this really isn't a subwoofer, but rather a woofer. The frequency response doesn't really go low enough. Essentially, it will just act like an in-wall woofer. I'm not sure which speakers you currently have, but depending on what you own, that will determine whether this speaker adds any bass to your output or not.

Finally, the speaker that I've linked is essentially just a passive woofer. The power to drive it will still come from your receiver.

To link a picture, you'll have to upload the picture to a Web site. From there, you can come back to this site, click on the "IMG" button and type the address location of where the picture is present.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks