What's new

Sub-woof or not - any suggestions which? (1 Viewer)

KamW

Auditioning
I have a set of tower speakers (ENERGY Connoisseur CE) 5 years vintage. My yamaha 1400 receiver is set to play stereo (I have the 2 tower speakers only for now) but the cd music audio is so weak the 110W-per-channel sounds like 60w-max at best. The base is virtually non-existent.

I am thinking that while I await cash-flow improvements next year, a sub-woofer would warm things up a bit. Any suggestions for a reasonable type-size to begin with. Is my logic in the right direction that a medium-level sub-w might help for the moment? Medium level in the sense that I never want the house or teh walls to quake or even boom - just nice sound. FYI: my room is about 16X20ft by 9ft high, carpetted, and mainly dry walls with 3 lage openings on one side one of which a stair well. Ideas much appreciated.

John S

Senior HTF Member
The ultra cheap available in refurb 12" AR powered sub, goes for $120 from various sources. It is one of the more musical subs I have come across, most subs are tailored towards HT......

Do a search on AR 12" Sub, I am sure you will see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks