What's new

sub wiring (1 Viewer)

Merry Christmas all,
I have a quick sub question. The front speakers I have, have built in powered subs with both having left and right plug-ins on the back, I am currently running 1 wire from each with a y-adapter(one in left on left side and opposite on the right), am I missing alot buy not having all 4 hooked up? it seems like alot of wires with alot of connections, 3 y-adapters and 4 wires to hook into one sub plug-in.

thx in advance
VIC

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi VIC,

on one hand, I would think that built in Subwoofers would better connect to the normal Stereo (main speaker) Pre-Amp Output instead of the single LFE channel.
This would involve 2 Y-Cable at the Amplifier, but stil only one connector used at the speaker side.

Connecting this one wire per speaker to both connectors (L+R) would normaly result in a higher bass output. Some Manuals state a +6 dB increase. However, I can't tell how advisable this is, as the bass section has to match to the mid's and high's of course.
Just check it out.

Regards,
Axel

you kinda lost me. sry, still a newbe i have the H/K 330 and according to the manual, it only has 1 place to plug the sub into. from that i have a y-cable that one wires goes to each sub, one to the left connection and one to the right.

VIC

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi VIC,

OK, the h/k AVR 330 does not have any Pre-Amp Outputs, so forget about my first Paragraph.

If you try to connect both Cinch Inputs on your speakers, then my second paragraph applies.
Only do this, when you feel, there is not enough Bass coming in comparison to the Mids or Highs.

Regards,
Axel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks