Sub Wiring Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt AR, Feb 19, 2002.

  1. Matt AR

    Matt AR Agent

    Jan 16, 2002
    Likes Received:
    I am getting ready to wire my surrounds, and even though I do not yet own a sub, I want to go ahead and run the wire for it at the same time. I plan on purchasing a powered sub, possibly one of the the SVS PCi or PC-Plus when they come out.

    When I contacted my local Audio Dealer, he recommended that I use RG6 Coaxial cable with RCA ends. Has anyone heard of using this type of cable for this purpose? I need about 50 feet of cable (as I am going up one wall, through the attic and down another one). If this is not the thing to do, what type of cable should I be using? Thanks.
  2. Robert_J

    Robert_J Lead Actor

    Aug 22, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Real Name:
    It has been mentioned a lot in the DIY forum. I plan on using it in the theater room of my new house.
    You can either attach RCA plugs directly on the cable or use the standard F-connectors and RCA to F adapters. Use a wall plate made for a coax connection and use this adapter.

Share This Page