Sub Volume?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan-Stone, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Ryan-Stone

Ryan-Stone Stunt Coordinator

I have no clue how to set the volume of the sub in conjunction with the volume on the reciver. My sub is a PB12. What should i set the knobs at(im a newbie[​IMG] )

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I am assuming that you do not have a sound level meter yet? If you are looking to calibrate your speakers and sub to the proper levels then you will need to use this meter. You can attempt to do it by ear and you may even get close, but most people do not. There are calibration disks like AVIA, Video Essentials, etc that play the test tones to allow accurate calibrations/speaker level settings.

3. Ryan-Stone

Ryan-Stone Stunt Coordinator

I ordered my SPL meter from radioshack.com yesterday. so i should have that in a week or so. I was wondering being a guitar player if i could just plug my guitar into the microphone in on my reciver and just strike an open e to get these deep test tones. would this work?

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    A much better solution would be to use an existing DVD that has the THX Optimode on it, like Attack Of The Clones or Terminator 2. They have the test tones that you can use if you don't want to purchase one of the dedicated calibration disks.