1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

sub? very long

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by MichaelDW, Jun 19, 2004.

1. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

ok I have been out of the car audio seen for a while so if you guys can give me a little help, I would not feel so old next time I am talking to some installer. I am putting a box in my truck it has 1.7 cft, air space. with 2 12" punch p2's I dont think that is not enough air space, they said it was "its a sealed box. " and I am using a linear power 2002 200 watt amp from the 1980s they said the amp runs to high a frequency .I have had this thing in every car since I was 16. that should tell you its not junk. in my opinion I think 1 12" or 1 10" of a lot better quality sub say (adire audio) would sound better in a ported box. sorry so long but thanks for your help

2. MichaelDW

MichaelDW Stunt Coordinator

ok I have been out of the car audio seen for a while so if you guys can give me a little help, I would not feel so old next time I am talking to some installer. I am putting a box in my truck it has 1.7 cft, air space. with 2 12" punch p2's I dont think that is not enough air space, they said it was "its a sealed box. " and I am using a linear power 2002 200 watt amp from the 1980s they said the amp runs to high a frequency .I have had this thing in every car since I was 16. that should tell you its not junk. in my opinion I think 1 12" or 1 10" of a lot better quality sub say (adire audio) would sound better in a ported box. sorry so long but thanks for your help

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I don't have a program to input #s for ya, but I'd think you'll be fine.

You should get good punch in a small cab, just don't expect to shake the cabin.

Running a Tempest, assuming the cost is about the same, would be a great idea. Assuming you can run the amp bridged you could sent 4ohms form the sub to a bridged 2002 and give the Tempest 250 watts.

or so!

Brent
    + if you decide to upgrade you can always move the Tempest inside for a great home theater sub. I wouldn't advise that of the P2s.

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I don't have a program to input #s for ya, but I'd think you'll be fine.

You should get good punch in a small cab, just don't expect to shake the cabin.

Running a Tempest, assuming the cost is about the same, would be a great idea. Assuming you can run the amp bridged you could sent 4ohms form the sub to a bridged 2002 and give the Tempest 250 watts.

or so!

Brent
    + if you decide to upgrade you can always move the Tempest inside for a great home theater sub. I wouldn't advise that of the P2s.

5. Dave Milne

Dave Milne Supporting Actor

I'd be glad to run a sim for you... but I didn't find "Punch P2" in my driver database. I assumed this is a Rockford Fosgate product, since they have used "punch" on many of the products over the years. Could you tell us a little more about the driver: manufacturer, model number (if anything other than "Punch P2), etc.

6. Dave Milne

Dave Milne Supporting Actor

I'd be glad to run a sim for you... but I didn't find "Punch P2" in my driver database. I assumed this is a Rockford Fosgate product, since they have used "punch" on many of the products over the years. Could you tell us a little more about the driver: manufacturer, model number (if anything other than "Punch P2), etc.

7. David.G

David.G Stunt Coordinator

get one ED 12Ov.2, or i think Ben calls in 13O series. Will give the best output/performance of pretty much any sub in its class.

8. David.G

David.G Stunt Coordinator

get one ED 12Ov.2, or i think Ben calls in 13O series. Will give the best output/performance of pretty much any sub in its class.