sub turn on off plz help

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by clint pippin, Aug 24, 2004.

1. clint pippin

clint pippin Auditioning

i just bought i new sub cervin wega clsc-12s,and a sony str-de985 receiver(if that matters) now its been working fine sounds good and while wathing a movie or just sitting there with it pluged in,it just turns off and ill let it sit for a second turn it off and on and it works.i mean it would sound like it was getting to hot but thats cant be the case.please post if you have any ideas[​IMG]

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    With the majority of subs, when no signal is present for some amount of time, they will automatically shut off. It's normal. Unfortunately, sometimes that will happen when you are watching movies that don't have a lot of low bass information. One thing that sometimes solves this is to use a Y splitter to both inputs so that the sub sees a little more voltage to keep it turned on. When "just sitting there", is there a reason for it to be on?

3. clint pippin

clint pippin Auditioning

thanks for info no reason why its gotta be on just kinda freaked me out i guess.so take a Y splitter and put it into the left right and then have you line coming out of that?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John