1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sub to handle the very bottom

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martice, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

I have very capable main speakers that are handling the low frequency information in my HT. Although the movies sound very good, I know I'm missing the last 2 levels of performance when it comes to the bass department. I'm considering a couple of subs that would be excellent for movie use but I don't want to spend too much money especially if I'm only interested in using this sub for movies because I'm a 2-channel music guy at heart and I prefer to not use a sub during music listening. My room is 18 x 14 with 9ft ceilings.
    Possibly considering the Velodyne CT150 or SVS 2531. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

If you want the very bottom I think you'll want to step up to the SVS20-39. Another option would be the Paradigm PW2200. Or my new personal favorite, mainly sense I decided to build and have to believe I made the right call [​IMG] DIY Tempest Sonosub. If you got the tools it's well worth the effort, I'm extremely pleased with mine. Check out the DIY area for more information about DIY subs of various sizes and capabilities using various drivers.