What's new

Sub to go between fronts and up against the wall (1 Viewer)

Scott Beatty

Auditioning
Allow me to pick your brains - I've got a small room for HT (12'x12') which is front projection. My front speakers are B&W DM604S2's and due to space constraints, the left is in the corner and inches from the rear wall, the right is also inches from the rear wall and both are seperated by about 5'. What I want to do is get a sub to go between the fronts and have it act as a stand for my center channel. Preferably, the sub will be 16' to 20' high and no deeper than 18'. I'd also prefer a front firing sub that goes DEEP but is tight & fast. Gee, I'm not asking for too much am I ?

One last thing....I'd like to keep the cost as close to $800 as possible (now I know I'm asking for too much!)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Hi Scott, and welcome to the HTF.

Please explain the space constraints. I am curious because you mentioned that you have front projection and your fron speakers are 5ft apart from each other, and that your room is 12'x12'. I will have to do some research to find a sub of that size and with the specs you want. I assume you want a musical sub that is tight but deep for HT use.

Scott Beatty

Auditioning
Hi Neil, well here goes....

The room is actually 11.5x11.6 with a 7.5' ceiling. The front projector is situated above the couch and the opposite wall is where my screen is hung(7'diagonal Dalite). The wall the screen is hung on has a window on the right side, so my screen and speakers are 'left justified' on that wall. As a result, the front L speaker is in a corner, and the front R speaker is about 5-6 feet away from the L one. This is the only configuration I could come up with given those constraints. My center channel currently resides on top of an ARSP12 downfiring sub which is situated between the front speakers. There is a low, wooden coffee table centered in front of the couch.

The reason I gave prefered dimensions of the sub is so I can still put my center channel on top of it (too high and it would interfere with the bottom of my screen). Also, if the sub is too deep, it would come out into the room much further than my mains (which isn't too big of a deal). So there you have it, I hope I've provided enough info for you, and thanks in advance.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Link Removed
15 inches of deep, tight, front-firing bass, as requested. Height seems to be right too. Depth is two inches too much, sorry bout that. :D
Go buy it. ;)
Have one myself and love it. Use it with B&W 602's up front at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks