What's new

Sub suggestion, DIY or store bought (1 Viewer)

E

Eric Kahn

Here is a question to really point out my clueless status on speakers

should I put the spike feet on the sub I just put together or will they make a difference on the approx 90 pound sub?

Thanks

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
should I put the spike feet on the sub I just put together or will they make a difference on the approx 90 pound sub?
It will minimize the footprint of the sub... thus minimizing the amount of vibrations transmitted through the floor. (it sounds like you live in an apartment, so, this might be a good idea ;)) It probably wont make a big difference... but it will save your carpet from being indented with a sub imprint.

E

Eric Kahn

from my limited testing so far, I am beginning to think that a 3 cu ft sealed box with a 15 inch driver is not going to give me the deep bass in movie sound tracks and that the 30 Hz boost built into the PE amp needs to go
they give instructions on how to do it but my soldering experience has been mainly on plumbing which I do not think applies on circuit boards:D
I will have to try to get one of the ET's at work to solder the new resistors on the board
Does great for pipe organ music though:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks