What's new

Sub sugestion and performance for a small room (1 Viewer)

Marcelo T

Stunt Coordinator
I have a very small room, around 3x3x2.5 meters. I own a Velodyne CT-100 sub, and, although it is pretty good, I’m looking for more bass. I made a search in the forum and the consensus seems to be the SVS 20-39PC or the Paradigm PW2200. The first problem is that I live in Brazil, which unfortunately SVS is not sent to yet (yes, I asked), and even if it was, it would cost around 749.00*1.60(import tax)+300(estimated shipping)=1498 U$. Therefore, I’m stuck with the paradigm, which can cost here around 1200 U$. The second problem is that I can’t test the 2200 without ordering, so:
1.What kind of performance gain I can get for the 2200 in my room?
2.Would the SVS put significantly better numbers?
3.Does anyone have the CT100 performance data?
Thank’s!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I don't think there's going to be a day/night difference between the 20-39PC and the PW2200. The SVS might have a little more clean output capability in the very low freqs...but overall it's pretty close.

The ct100 isn't in the same league. The CT150 would be a little closer, but still not up to the standards the other two woofs are setting. Onecall has the SPL1200 refurbed for $749...that would be a good choice too. What about the HSU VTF-2...that's a good woof at a great price?

TV

Marcelo T

Stunt Coordinator
Thanx Tom, but here in Brazil our choices are limited :frowning:. I´ll probably go with the Paradigm, since the others are not avaliable here.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
That's an excellent choice.
Be sure to take time to optimize it's placement/calibration once you add it to your system. If you have questions about that, just fire me an email at
[email protected]
TV

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
TV,

Do I have this straight ? You recommended a competor's product for a particular situation AND offered free private setup support ? You guys are unreal.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Yes, Tom and Ron are pretty amazing (not to be brownnosing or anything ;)). But the fact is, who else would recommend a competitor's product then offer free tech support to get that product running properly? You guys really are the best. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks