What's new

Sub(s) Calibration (1 Viewer)

Chris Ryan

Agent
Hi:
I have a question regarding sub calibration? I am using a Denon 5800 & have Def Tech. BP2000's and a Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s for subs. How exactly should I have the sub volumes on the subs when trying to calibrate? Half, quarter, etc? Right now the volumes on each sub are way down. On the Denon, the peak level limiter is set to -13 db. Should I even use this? The sub level is set to +5 DB's. I just don't think I am getting all I could be from them. Also, when I use my level meter & VE for sub calibration, the needle never swings. It's always at the far right.
PS. I want the Infinity to do most of the work & my mains are set to Large the rest are small and I am using LFE+Main.
Thanks,
Chris

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Chris,
The gain on the sub should be turned all the way up...at least to 75%.
I, too, have a Denon 5800 with SVS for a sub. My gain is at about 90% (on the sub) and my receiver level is at -12db.
Make sure your SPL meter is on C weighting, and calibrate it a couple of dbs over your mains...then adjust it to your taste.
It's better to have the gain turned up on the sub amp and your receiver turned down (ch adjustment)....less distortion this way and easier to get a handle on where the dbs of the sub are.
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me and I can walk you through it.
Jeremy

Chris Ryan

Agent
Thanks a lot!
Do you use the peak level limiter? Should I leave it off? My speakers are calibrated at -10 db for volume.
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks