What's new

Sub Required? (1 Viewer)

Mike Hoffman

Auditioning
Hello Everyone,

My 2nd post.. a real "New Guy". Just starting to make my first attempt at HT. I am using my Stero speakers for my mains.... (Pioneer CS-99A's 5 way 6 speakers in each box...one 15 inch woofer, one 5 inch mid-range, one 4 inch higher mid-range, one multi-cellular horn type tweeter, and two 1/2 inch super tweeters..100 watts/ 8 ohmns 97dB at 1 meter.... bought 2 Klipsch quintet's for my rears and Klipsch KSC-C1 for my center. My mains have a range of 25Hz - 22,000Hz..... that's pretty low, but I wonder if I will still need a Sub-woofer? I would love any advice. (Using a Kenwood VR-505AV Surround Receiver) While I am asking... is there some kind of guideline for selecting the guage of speaker wire???

Thanks,

Mike

Thomas_A

Second Unit
For music.. probably not..that is more personal taste than anything..but for HT.. I'd strongly recomend a sub for your system. Movies will totaly come to life with a sub..and you will wonder how you ever lived so long without one.
Now the decision would be..which one... :)

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator
Generally, speakers that are moderately sized and are efficient (your speakers are very efficient) do not produce much in the way of deep bass. So I would say that you would definitely benefit from an external sub. SVS, Adire Audio, and Hsu Research offer the best bang for the $$, outside of building your own. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks