What's new

Sub Question (1 Viewer)

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
Hey there,

Just wondering what the FREQ. nob on the back of my 10" sub do. It's range is 40Hz to 180Hz.

Cheers

Will Orth

Stunt Coordinator
Well depends on what your main speakers low end will do?
I would try around 60hz-80hz not knowing your main speaker set up can give you and exact number...

also your ear is a good tool, and try some demo discs.

Will

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
What is your receiver/processor and how do you have it configured? Also how are you connecting the sub to this receiver/processor?

I'll assume you are using the sub preout. I'll also assume you are running a full 5.1 setup in which case 99% of the time you're best option is to set all the speakers to small and the sub to yes. Now your receiver is doing the crossover and the one on the sub (what you are calling the freq nob) isn't needed. So you want to keep it out of the way. If you can't bypass or disable it, the next best thing is to turn it up as high as it will go, or in your case 180hz.

If any of my assumptions are wrong, speak up and the discussion can continue from there.

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
Dustin,

My reciever is the Yamaha rxv530 and you are bang on with the way I set my speakers. I'll put turn the nob up to 180hz. Just exactly does that nob do anyways though?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks