1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sub question?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RussellC, Mar 25, 2002.

1. RussellC

RussellC Stunt Coordinator

I have been searching the board for a while and I have found some stuff regarding differences in AVIA tones vs. Reciever internal Test tones. I just tested my internal tones at my AVIA calibrated ref level and they are different, especially the sub, and I had it +4 hot on my reciever. Each speaker was about 78db instead of 85 and the sub was a little lower than all the other speakers. Does this sound odd? Especially since I was running it +4 hot? Is this why I am not getting the bass I expect from some familiar scenes in movies. I just watch the end of Fight Club where there is super low bass, and it wasn't impressive at all. Let me know if there is anything further I should check out. Ohh I'm running Energy Take 5.2 speakers and the S8.2 sub.

Thanks,

Russell

2. Jimmy P

Jimmy P Stunt Coordinator

There has been alot of discussion on multiple boards about whats best in regards to setting up the Take 5.2 system,if you do a search you will see what im talking about.Im sure you have read the manual to see what Energy recommends,they say run with the receiver set to large and the sub in video mode unless playing at extremely loud levels,in which case you would not be able to use Avia to calibrate the system since it is only useful if you run the receiver with the small setting,the other recommended setup (seen on this board and others) requires high level connections between the receiver,sub and front sats,running mains large,center small,surrounds small,you can experiment to find out what works best for you.Some think the Avia in regards to sub levels are to low unless you run at 85dB for your normal listening level which is quite loud in a normal room,they turn the sub level up to experience the effect at reduced listening levels,you can start with calibrated levels then adjust to your taste.