What's new

sub question (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Heres my problem:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/041049.html
They told me to come over here and ask you guys.
Ok, I have a car sub in my home theater now because my receiever has a seperate amp for one in it now. It sounds great. It hooks in with regular speaker wires, not RCA.
But now I want to upgrade to the Denon3300, and I know it doesnt have those connections (or an amp) for my sub. What do I do? I like my sub, and I dont wanna have to buy a brand new powered one thats going to cost me a fortune for a good one. Can I just buy an amp for the sub? And how do I hook it into the receiver w/o an RCA?
I listen to a lot of music, if that makes any difference.
Thanks you guys, youve been a lot of help so far.
-Anthony-

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
When you get the denon, run an RCA from the LFE out jack to any input of your current receiver, and let it power your sub just as you are doing now.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Brian,
I'm fairly certain that Denon is the one company where you can't do this (use pre-ins & another input simultaneously).
Anthony,
You'll need to get an external amplifier for your sub. Check Ebay or other sites for used equipment. You'll run the RCA interconnect from your receiver to your amplifier and then the speaker wire from your amp to your subwoofer. If you're planning on keeping your old receiver then you can use that for amplification as well...
Greg

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Greg, I think you might have misread Brian's post. Brian is telling Anthony to use his current Technics receiver as an outboard amp when Anthony upgrades to the Denon. Therefore Anthony will be coming from the Sub-out on the Denon to the inputs on the receiver (just like you would an external amp) and then hooking up the sub with speaker wire from the Technics receiver.
Or maybe I'm misreading it...but I don't think so. Aloha!
Dan Hine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks