What's new

Sub Problems low pass and volume control help (1 Viewer)

MarkSchro

Stunt Coordinator
I have had alot of problems with my sub lately. It picks up some hum on low passages that sounds like a jet engine turning on. It is only on movies so far, I found if I go to the light switch and turn if on and off it will thump and it will go away. I am always reaching behind my sub to turn the volume up or down to compensate for late night movies and turning on and off to get rid of the hum. My sub is in a cabinet so it is hard to get to and I know I turned my low pass dial by accident. Is there a good starting point on the low pass dial to recalibrate it? It goes from 50-150 and I have a phase control switch that is 0 or 180. My sub is a Mirage PS-1290 it is a 10" with a 90watt amp hooked up to denon 5800. I use the sub out on the denon to the sub in. I have the volume on the sub set for movies and when I switch to music it is way to low and I have to turn it up, is there any way to have it switch by itself?
Mark

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
If you can, turn the low pass off on the sub and let your receiver set the crossover. The phase dial you'll just have to experiment and find the position where it gives you the highest SPL. That said.....it sounds like it might be time to start looking for a new sub.

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks