Sub Power?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jassen M. West, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Jassen M. West

Jassen M. West Supporting Actor

Can i leave my 20-39SVS plugged in as long as its in the "Auto" mode? I wasn't sure if thats what that mode is for.

thanks

---jay

2. gene avallon

gene avallon Stunt Coordinator

most likely is there a led light on the back it should be light when its playing,and when you shut everything down it should go out in a little while

gene

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i left my 25-31PC on auto 24/7 and never had to worry about it.

4. JamesMart

JamesMart Agent

One problem I have with auto mode on my audiosource sub is that some times it takes a lot of bass activity to get it to kick on. Like if I'm watching TV, it will cut on and off. My sub does not have the option of full time on, does the SVS PC have a full time on?

5. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

The SVs have a full time on.

James, try turning down the subwoofer volume knob and increasing the receiver's subwoofer *leveler* a bit to compensate. This will push more voltage to the sub(although overall levels stay the same)...which should activate the auto-on feature quicker.

TV

6. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

It would be nice if those auto-off things would wait an hour or hour and a half before switching off. That way, they wouldn't be switching on and off during a movie. It seems like the popular amount of time is like 5-10 min., but you're going to have 5 min. or no bass in most movies.