What's new

Sub placement trick (1 Viewer)

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
I lent my sub to a friend to experiment with. I went to visit him and it sounds like total crap in his room. We tried placing it in a few different spots and really, it still sounds like crap. I was wondering if the ol' put the sub in the prefered listening spot and crawling around until you find the best bass response would work in a room that's L shaped. The vertical part of the L being the only part used for HT, the couch at the bottom. If it does, I'm going to tell him to try it.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
It should. The idea behind that method is to find the opposing location that offers the best combination of output and flat response to your ears.

Make sure all the old standbys are taken care of though too: phase, calibrated levels, BM set correctly in the receiver or pre/pro, etc.

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
The trick should still work. If it still sounds like partial crap, then it's not the trick's fault.....it's that funky L shaped room.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Put the sub in your listening spot then walk around the room untill you find where it sounds best. Sit it there.

Worked for me several times besides it is easier to crawl around the room than drag the sub all over the room

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks