What's new

Sub placement is everything! (1 Viewer)

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
I have dual SVS cs+ subs and had to move one because of the Christmas tree. I moved it in the corner with the other one. This is on a wall that is only 6 feet long before it opens up into the hallway. Originally I had one in that corner and one in the other corner. Wow! Placement does make a difference. I lost a large percentage of my bass. I guess it is because that wall opens up to another room. I moved the sub back to a place away from that corner and instantly the bass is back. I bet my bass would be even greater if I could get the one sub out of that corner. Original
| hallway
|
|

New and no good
| hallway
|
|

Better
| hallway
|
|

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
After Christmas set it up as:
|
OR
|
And let us know how much better it sounds. Well, yes I'm guessing, but it would be interesting. :)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Try This......
|
|
|

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
hehe I will try that placement if possible after Christmas. The WAF is low for two subs in one corner because of the sheer size of them.

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
Does this sound crazy? I just moved the sub out of the corner with the short wall and I swear there is more bass now. I moved it next to the tv cabinent. Here is a diagram. I know subs are suppossed to be corner loaded but maybe this would be better beacause that wall is only 6 feet long as the most. What do you think?
| hallway
|
|

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
Actually the best placement for subs is individual to each room!
What your dealing with is standing waves, and you are doing the right thing by experimenting with different placements.

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks