What's new

Sub output help (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
I took all my ht stuff down when I moved and just finished setting it back up yesterday. I'm 99% positive that I set it up the exact same as I did before, but now I'm getting highs along with the lows out of my sub. I've got an external amp hooked up to the sub out on my reciever and I was wondering if it was the reciever or the amp that was causing this. Also, thier is no crossover for the sub out on the reciever so I know nothing got changed thier.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That can’t be right. Why would the receiver have a sub output if it had no crossover to go with it?

And, if not that, what are you using for a crossover?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
its a 5 year old sony receiver that was basically thier lower end unit back then so it doesn't have a whole lot of features. I just always thought it didn't send anything out the sub out that was above like 100hz or something so I have no crossover for it. As I'm looking to upgrade the receiver, do the new ones come with sub out crossover or should I look into an external crossover?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That’s the way it’s supposed to work. Everything above 100 Hz goes to the main speakers, everything below to the sub. All new home theater receivers have built-in crossovers.

I know this doesn’t answer your original question about getting highs in your sub. However, if the problem is originating in the Sony, you should be able to engage the sub’s crossover and adjust it as needed to fix the problem.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks