1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sub not working with Pioneer Receiver VSX-23TXH - Need Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Allanon10, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Allanon10

Allanon10 Auditioning

Paul Parker
    I have recently moved and I hooked up my sound system this past weekend. I have a 5.1 setup , for some reason I am unable to get the sub woofer to work . I have tested that it is working but for some reason the AMP doesn't seem to see it or that it states the volume is too low. Any help here would be great, Hell I would even pay you if you help me figure it out.

The brand is Energy, it is a powered subwoofer with its own AMP. It is connected with an RCA cable from the Tuner plugged into the Pre out

2. Message #2 of 2 Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Martino

Martino Supporting Actor

Martin O.
    Got a manual for - here is a link to it...
    Pioneer Receiver VSX-23TXH:

There are two things I would check for:

#1 - Make sure the LFE setting is not set to OFF in the audio options - I would set it to 0 DB....from your manual: Page 66:

LFE-Setting-pioneer.

#2: With all of the connections in the back of this thing - ensure that you have your RCA/Sub cable connected to the correct place: (in the #12 section below): - Page 15 of the Manual.

Sub-out.

-- Other things you can check for...

• Sub amp volume is not turned off
    • Connections/cables were not damaged/shorting out
    • Frequency/Filter knob on the sub is not turned all the way down (should be either in bypass or all the way up, as your receiver will control the frequency sent to the sub)
    • Sub is plugged in and turned on
    • If the sub has an auto-on setting, try bypassing the auto-on mode - the signal might not be strong enough to trigger turning on the sub.