What's new

Sub makes popping sound every now and then...what from? (1 Viewer)

scottAtah

Grip
OK, well it's actually only happened twice. But i'm concerned as to why, i've got a couple ideas either volume or too low, which i thinka re the only real options or a combo, but i'm not sure.

the sub in question is a paradigm pw-2200....when listening to music of movie (once each) at louder volumes the sub has made a POP sound, i'm usually quick to turn things down a bit cause that always makes me nervous. The first time on the music, it was a rather low bassline up loud, last time was just watching the third lord of the rings....

whats causing it? what i'm i wrecking?

Sub's internal amp is turned to about 45% or so with it's cutoff freq set to about half (can't remember the range), and the receiver volume panasonic sa-xr50 was turned up to about 30 (counts down)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
You are overdriving/bottoming the sub, a few more clanks like that and you could ruin your sub.

Crossover frequen cy??

Receiver sub output level??

Receiver crossover setting??

Brent

Mike Milillo

Stunt Coordinator
when it pops, does it go dead until you turn it off and turn it back on again? I am having the same problem with my sub. I started a thread about it here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=230580

Instead of telling you my settings, I just linked my thread to this one being that it is a similar problem.

I found that lowering the LFE setting on the receiver made it not happen anymore. It's just that it never happened before even with the setting turned all the way up until recently. My sub goes out when a scene has high bass output everytime when the LFE is set high.

Not trying to hijack your thread, just figured we have a common problem

John S

Senior HTF Member
This usually means the sub isn't cutting it for you.

Results may vary. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks