1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sub is Humming and poping when i turn it on....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Nevala, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Matt Nevala

Matt Nevala Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] [​IMG] Only had this for about a month, i was playing a song at medium volume and i turned it off to leave and i hear this humming noise. so i go over to the sub turn it off then on again and its still humming. [​IMG] [​IMG] Disconnected everything turned the volume of the sub all the way down and same hum. unpluged it and pluged it back in and it makes a couple small pops and is humming...Is the amp blown? or is it the sub itself? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Most likely, your sub is picking up a ground loop. Use a 3-prong to 2-prong adaptor on the sub's power cord. If this DOESN'T work, let us know...

3. Matt Nevala

well my sub is a 2 prong to start with lol. but i tried it anyway and no luck...? [​IMG]

4. John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio Supporting Actor

5. Matt Nevala

[​IMG] [​IMG] i tought so...and i cant return it to PE because i bought it new from ebay [​IMG] [​IMG]

Does anyone have a working DLS 10 amp that got a new one because of the auto power not working that would like to sell?

6. Matt Nevala

well, i just took the amp off the box, and i plugged it in to see if i saw anything, sure enough it started smoking and i unpluged it quickly. Definatly a bad amp [​IMG]