Sub in a apartment!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Demetri K, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Demetri K

Demetri K Stunt Coordinator

Hello, I just moved to japan with my wife. We are currently getting everything ready for our home theater setup. My question is that We bought a HTiB minus the dvd player. Because we already have a region 2 and region 1 dvd player. We went with the Denon DHT 300dv-s. We tested this system in the store and where shocked by the sound that came out of this little system. Although it was no where near as powerful as the system we had back in the states. Anyways my question goes like this. Is there anyways of saving the people that live under us from the bass from the sub. As far as putting something under the sub. We have all wood floors in the living room. Anyways that is my only question, thanks in advance.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Demetri,
    You would probably get a better response if you post this question where it belongs, in the Speakers and Subwoofers Forum.
    Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

They make bass absorbing material out of vinyl (important - some of the asphalt stuff really smells. You can buy it in sheets - not cheap, but won't break the bank - and put it under your rug (or tatami as your case may be.) www.partsexpress.com sells some - usually used for things like lining of car doors and stuff in automotive applications.

4. Demetri K

Demetri K Stunt Coordinator

sorry about the wrong thread I was typing in a internet cafe and was about to leave. Didnt check the tread sorry. Anyways thanks for the reply. I will check into that stuff. PEACE!!!

5. David*RT

David*RT Stunt Coordinator

The bass has a knack of going thru walls--easily! Absorbing material will NOT cure your problem.
    If you're not in a brick/stone flooring, avoid the sub.....otherwise you will definitely get grief from neighbors. You can count on this. [​IMG]