What's new

Sub hum gone thanks to Ebtech Hum Eliminator! (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
After trying many things and playing sub hum detective I finally found a solution - the Ebtech Hum Eliminator. I had given up for awhile but thought I'd try another search here and found this device mentioned. Initially I connected it between my receiver and parametric eq but that made the hum worse. I then moved it between the eq and the sub and presto! Levels or quality don't seem to be affected. Beck's Sea Change on SACD still rattles the walls.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Ever since I started using a Panamax power conditioner, I can't hear a hum even if I've got my ear next to the sub. I used to be able to hear it during quiet passages 8 feet away. Or, maybe my hearing's getting even worse...

Doug

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hey Phillip. It was your issue with your refrigerator that turned up in my search. The other night I was hearing a surging quality to the hum and right in sync with my fridge's compressor! All the kitchen plugs are on their own circuit and I had reached dead ends in all my other previous investigations with cable lines, etc. so the Ebtech was worth a shot. The Ebtech cost more than other things I tried, but was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks