What's new

sub hum from cable TV coax redux (1 Viewer)

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
RicP:
Rick, don't bother.
Well, you saved me a trip to the store. I was just getting ready to leave when I thought I'd check back here!
Hmm. Guess I'll live with the current fix for a little while until I decide how much I want to spend to fix it right. ;)
OOC, what's the insertion loss of the Jensen unit, Ric?
BTW, my local cable company (TWC) thought for sure my hum was induced by the cable surge protector I use. So I ran the cable straight to the TV and bypassed the surge protector altogether. The hum came back! (TWC lost the bet).

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Update. Thanks to Ron Reda for sending me the Holland unit (Holland "Ground Loop Isolators"). I hooked it up and it appears to work at least as well as the dual RS combo:

15-1253c 75 to 300 ohm transformer

15-1140b 75 to 300 ohm transformer

I looked a little closer at the TV pic with the Holland device installed. Any picture problems I saw were there with or without the Holland unit in place.

Thanks again Ron!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Back from the Dead...

Thank you very much RicP and others for the recommendation on the Jensen VR(D)-1FF (new model) transformer. After adding this item to my cable line and upping to 12 gauge speaker wire, it sounds like I just bought a new speaker set. On/Off testing showed it eliminated the hum as compared to no CATV connection in the room. My Cable HDTV and internet still works as well with this device in-line. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks