1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Sub hookup glitch??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BobHaymond, Mar 22, 2002.

1. BobHaymond

BobHaymond Stunt Coordinator

I'm still in the process of constructing my "wall"; HT(7.1) w/TiVo on one side and on the other side a PC w/printer, scanner, wired LAN, wireless LAN, palm sync, lable maker, USB hub, DSL gate, D-Link, telephones. My builder calls the wall "Swiss Cheese"!

ANYHOW: I'm putting the sub about 1/3 from the rear and ran a 25' sub cable to it; well, not really. ALMOST to it! Can I get a female/female connector and add another few feet? Some cable was used up avoiding power wires.

PS In case anybody wants to know why all in one wall, If I don't setup my wife a writing station I don't get no HT! Didn't I see something the other day about WAF ?

2. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

enjoy that wireless lan, my university has one covering the campus and i cant get enough of it. listening to mp3s (and watching movies) stored on my desktop computer on my laptop outside is a wonderful thing

3. Dave Nibeck

Dave Nibeck Stunt Coordinator

Can you add a cable to make up the difference? Absolutely. You could always terminate the cable at the wall with a wallplate, and run a cable from the wall to the sub. That would provide the cleanest installation.