What's new

Sub Help (1 Viewer)

JDevenberg

Grip
Real Name
James Devenberg
I recently purchased a pair of Polk Audio Monitor40's (fronts), Monitor30's (rears), and a CS1 center. I'm going to pair them with one of these receivers: Pioneer VSX-520, 820, or Onkyo TX-SR508. I'm torn on what sub to get for this set up. My room is about 12x17 with vaulted ceilings and it will be used nearly exclusively for movies, a little bit for gaming, and some music once every few weeks. I have narrowed it down to the BIC F12, V1020, or V1220. What sub would you choose for this set up. Must be under $200 shipped.

ando

Grip
Real Name
Andy Goetz
I have 2 BIC F12 front firing subs those ones that run at 475 watts. They are by far the best subwoofers for the price :D, they don't have far excursion but they do get low and hit their highs very very well. I was really impressed by them because i got the 2 subs for $375 which in the awesome economy we have saving money isn't all bad :D But for $200 with shipping I think you will be very satisfied with the BIC F12, although im like Jim Mcc i havn't heard any other subs but that BIC is AMAZING. My room is vaulted ceilings and its very open it connects to my dining and kitchen and my house is an average house with a good size living room and dining room and kitchen, and it still has amazing bass, i can't wait to get my spare bedroom ready for my whole set up to see them babies really boom.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The F12 is suggested more than the V1220. Both have similar performance and price though. If you have kids, pets or any small mammal in your house that you can't control, then the downfiring V1220 is probably a better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks