Sub Help For Punch

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AbelM, Jan 7, 2002.

1. AbelM

AbelM Second Unit

I have a small sub a 6.5" sub (I got it for a gift with a speaker set) and it really odesn't seem to put out a lot of hardcore bass during say the POD RACE in TPM or when the apart. blows up in Fight Club...Is it because my sub is small I am not getting too much bass? I have it turned up in volume wise pretty well, and configurated it to -11DB, but it just seems to not put out!
    I can't really have anythign bigger than maybe an 8" at the time, as I am staying in an apart. Until my house is done being built...so what's some input guys? [​IMG]

2. Vasanth B

Vasanth B Stunt Coordinator

I feel for you Abel, as I too live in an Apt.

However, I do have a 12" Sony WM-40 which is pretty much the best sub in it's price class (

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    It doesn't matter how much power you put into it, a 6-1/2" speaker just does not have the surface area or excursion to generate the large wave forms of low frequencies. It is as simple as that. That sub is probably not getting any lower than 40Hz. LOW bass, the kind that you FEEL, is in the 25Hz and lower range...

4. AbelM

AbelM Second Unit

Hey Thanx Vasanth B:

I might look into that sub, as it does not matter to my neighbors when I play a movie, it's just the bass I didn't want to pay for things that are expensive hanging on their walls when my sub hits them off, lol. But yeah, I should only be here for a few more months...then I'll just toss this system and prolly go with teh energy system or Klipsch witha nice 12" SVS sub!!

Oh, and thanx for your input as well John Garcia, I don't feel anythign at this time, I mean it is there I hear it, but don't feel i tlike I should. Would a Nice Powered Sub Do The Trick From SVS? I hope so...

5. Ryan Schnacke

Ryan Schnacke Supporting Actor

6. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

"Would a Nice Powered Sub Do The Trick From SVS? I hope so..."
    Do the trick! hahahahahahaha....ah man... small animals will be frightened for miles if you play the pod race scene with an SVS sub. You would experience "home theater" like never before. [​IMG]

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John

8. AbelM

AbelM Second Unit

Laughing at John...[​IMG]