Sub for my Klipsch Quintet Microsystem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BradO, Mar 16, 2003.

1. BradO

BradO Auditioning

I finally decided on purchasing the Klipsch Quintet Microsystem. Not only does it match my listening tastes, it seamlessly blends into my room. The only question I have left is regarding the sub...

I listened to the system with the Klipsch KSW10. It sounded pretty good. My brother suggests that for the extra $60 I should upgrade to the KSW12. The total price for the Microsystem with KSW12 would be around $650.

Here is where it gets tricky. I have a small room. Less than 13'x16'. The true listening area is around 13'x13'. It has been suggested that I get the Quintet speakers alone for around $330 and then get the Sony WM40. This would put my total package deal less than $500. I could certainly use the extra cash to upgrade my DVD player.

I don't have a problem spending roughly $300 for the KSW12. If I can get the same sound for half that price I would be crazy not to do so.

I have read that the DLS10 was really the way to go but searching through the archives I see it is no longer available. Too bad for me.

So, what is your suggestion? Stick with the KSW10 I have heard, upgrade to the KSW12 for $60 more, or get the Sony WM40 and use the extra cash to upgrade my DVD player?

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. EricSm

EricSm Stunt Coordinator

My brother has the quintet system and when his KSW-10 died he decided to go with a JBL-10 and seems pretty happy with it. You may wanna look into it as it's been pretty favorably reviewed.

3. BradO

BradO Auditioning

Well, I bought the Sony last night. I am going to pick it up today and since I won't have my Quintets until next week I will probably go ahead and do the polyfil mod.
    Thanks! [​IMG]