What's new

sub finished,how do i set up? (1 Viewer)

steve_gal

Auditioning
just finished a 7.2ft^3, 2x31/2" angled adjustable ports 15" dayton speaker and 250w amp.(i would post a pic but do'nt know how)
It is my first attempt and now i want to set it up properly,i have never heard a good quaity sub so i have no reference to compare.
By adjusting the port length how will i know when it is tuned correctly (is this the f3 of the box)?
How do i use the phase adjustment?
I have heard people describe quality subs as "tight" how do i know if mine is?
Is there anybody who can explain in simple terms the procedure for setting up my sub i have a setup disk (VE) and a spl meter.
Any help wil be appreciated.

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

This is what I've learned from here and it gives me great results.

1. Sub placement: put your sub at your listening position. Use your DVE disk, play LFE chapter(repeat if you have to). Turn on your SPL meter walk around your room. Find the spot that gives you the loudest reading (mostly corners), that is where your sub should be.

2. Calibrate your sub: Using your DVE disk, calibrate all your speakers at 75db and sub at 83-85db.

3. Phase control: Play an 80hz tone (generate one from NCH tone generator) and have someone help you turn the phase knob on ur sub slowly. Check your SPL meter reading which ever give you the highest reading is your correct phase (mines is at 0 degree).

Good luck and congrat on your new toy...

Alex,

steve_gal

Auditioning
thanks alex.do you know how to tune the sub to it's f3 by using the adjustable ports,how do i know when it is correct.

ps.how do i put pics into the thread

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

I am not too familiar w/ adjusting the port. I believe you need to configure it through a software like WinISD. It then give you whatever size of port you need for that specific F3. Maybe someone here can explain it better.

Alex,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks