What's new

Sub finish update! (1 Viewer)

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
So has it been suggested that you stain the front channel speakers to match?
DO NOT BRING THAT UP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Yep! I've heard that many times! Right now I only have a 3.1 system. I am planning of building some GR A/V-2s for my mains and move the A/V-1s to the rear. The new A/V-2s will be stained like the center channel and sub. The light Oak A/V-1s will not stand out as much when moved to rear duty.

SWMBO has signed off on this! But I have to build her a built-in shelving/desk unit in the library before I can order the A/V-2s. :frowning:

Ronnie

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Ronnie,

Between this and you owing me lunch, you better be nice or I'll sure find a way to contact SHMBO and let her know those A/V-1's would look a lot better if they matched that sub!:D

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
SWMBO has signed off on this! But I have to build her a built-in shelving/desk unit in the library before I can order the A/V-2s
Shouldn't be a problem. Home Depot opens up at 6:00 A.M. tomorrow morning. You could get the materials and start on the work in the library and have the A/V-2s ordered before Sunday evening is over.

There, that was easy to settle. :D :D

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice job... both woodworking and finishing... and the grain looks real good. :emoji_thumbsup:

Maple and birch's grain are pretty unevenly porous... and always have that blotchy when stained look. My mains, surrounds, and sub are stained birch... so I've been there, and it's a lot more work to get it looking pretty even. I feel it's kinda part of the character of the wood... and prefer the look over oak (personal thing).

By the way, your sub looked really small in the workshop pics, but that all changes next to the BFD !
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks