What's new

Sub EQ question - ULTRA-Q PRO Model EQ - Anyone tried it.... (1 Viewer)

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I have read a lot of people talking about the BFD, but has anyone tried this unit - ULTRA-Q PRO Model EQ made by the same company?

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Well, no one has any input so I decided to spend $50 and get one off of ebay. If anyone wants to know what I think drop me a message in a week or so...............

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Have not seen it on the current price list for US/Canada, only Europe where it lists for 78GBP (about 140USD).

5 band Parametric EQ for 50 bucks, not too bad, but limited to the 5 filters rather than 12 per channel available with the BFD.

Depends how many filters you need. Let us know how it works for you.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I've got one major peak that I want to eliminate, so I'll be able to take care of that one for sure. I'll plot it out with a test disc and see exactly what I have when I get ready to set up the EQ. Basically I'll be able to set the first band anywhere in the range of my sub, the second band will cover me from 60hz to the 80hz that I have my sub crossover set to. So that's only 2 bands, but I figure that is better than what most of the subs are that have a parametric eq built in on them, don't they usually just have one band?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This is why it’s a good idea to analyze your room and determine your needs before you buy an equalizer. Two bands isn’t much to work with, but if you don’t need any more than that, you’ve certainly made a killing for only $50.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Yeah, but worst case scenario is I re-sell it on ebay for close to what I paid for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks