What's new

Sub driver and Head unit (1 Viewer)

Jonathan T

Second Unit
I've narrowed my selections of these items to a few manufactures. As far as Sub drivers go, I'm considering CDT and Image Dynamics. I'm looking to spend no more than 180 for the driver, so which would be better for me, CDT or Image Dynamics?

As far as Head Units go, it's either Alpine, Eclipse or Pioneer. Which would you guys recomend? I'm impartial to looks, but I need a head unit with these features

MUST have a know to control volume, I need at least 2 AUX input, one for XM radio and the other for my MP3 player (preferrably, I would like 1 to be an optical and the other an RCA, but 2 RCA inputs will do), multi-band parametric EQ to help correct frequency responce problems in my car, crossover setting for the sub and speakers and some kind of bass boost adjustment (keeping it seperate from the eq makes things easier IMO). Must be able to control an XM radio tuner. O and must sound good and be as cheep as possible (no more than 350 if possible please). Thanks!

KenWong

Stunt Coordinator
I heard CDT speakers and they're everything that people say they are...
I haven't had too much experience with their subwofer though. I have heard a few ID subwoofers, and they sound awesome, especially for their price. I think you should also look at Adire audio, the tempest, really good bang for the buck subwoofer.

As far as your headunit goes though... it's going to be a toughy to find something with all those features that you want. I would look more towards Eclipse if you need/want something with that much configuation as pioneer don't tend to let the user do a lot of custom settings unless you go into the very high end ones. Also.. I don't think you'll need two aux ins.. why not just get a headunit thats capable of XM, or is xm ready, and also has one aux input, whhich mainly i suggest is Alpine. Or.. you can just FM modulate your MP3 player.... but the sound quality is slightly crappier.

Jonathan T

Second Unit
I guess I'll just stick with the ID subs then, since they're tried and true.

Do you know of any places to get Eclipse HUs? I've been looking for the CD5444 and I can't find it anywhere!

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks