What's new

Sub distortion (1 Viewer)

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 5.1 system downstairs and 6.1 system upstairs, both Pioneer yet the downstairs sub sounds horrible when watching scenes that only have people talking. During other scenes such as music or explosions, the sub performs astounding. The upstairs system does not do that with the sub. i even exchanged subs and it did the same thing downstairs. I have checked all the settings and made sure they are identical, to no success. its pretty embarrassing. to better describe the sound it makes, imagine a 12" sub in a sub box and you lightly tapping the sub to where it echos because of the box. that is the best way to describe it. any help is greatly appreciated

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
My buddy's Sony has 3 speaker sizes to choose - Micro, Small and Large.

Micro puts 200HZ into the sub, and the voices obviously carry that low.

Is this the problem you describe?

- CM

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
I would think its the settings too only I have the same Settings on the HT upstairs but thats not the case. um.. lets see. imagine putting the volume on low and listening to a scene with nothing but a conversation, no music or anything, placing your ear in front of the sub port and listening, everytime it does this problem, you can feel a little *POOF* in your ear because it feels like there an unnecessary charge going through the sub. another description is to imagine plugging in your sub and then hooking up the connection to the back, only not to that extreme. very subtle yet very annoying.

edit: BTW, i also have the settlings and its Small Med Large and i have them all on small which in turn, makes the sub stay on the whole time, and i also have it set at 200.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what the x-over is when set to medium.

dts.com and all of the other sites have merch opportunities. Ask via the email options in the threads you see them in, people will tell ya.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks