sub calibration question RE: Crown CE1000 gain

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by David_Stein, Aug 15, 2003.

1. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

i purchased a crown CE1000 to run my SVS 20-39CS+ and was just wondering where other people have the gain control set after calibration.

right now i have it about halfway after calibrating by ear. my friend will be returning my SPL meter and calibration disc soon and i will be calibrating it correctly and i just wanted an idea of where to start.

also in general, i have read some different methods to calibrate. once i read that pro-amps are made to have the gain turned all the way up (to let the mixer/reciever control the level). ive also read that you should turn the recievers sub level to -4 and then adjust the gain accordingly, and also to just turn the gain to 1/4-1/3 and adjust through through the reciever.

needless to say, im a bit confused and would love some clarification on the calibration on this. i also felt that the subwoofer forum was more appropriate than the amps forum (though i did originally start typing this up for that forum).

2. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

3. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

thanks.

4. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Anytime! [​IMG]

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Basically a pro-amp is set to 100% and a plate-amp is set to 20-50%. I used to get confused about this also.