What's new

Sub calibration is driving me NUTS! (1 Viewer)

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Well, I think I've made some progress! Using Spectra-Plus and the Radio Shack SPL meter, I'm able to see the actual in-room bass response across a given frequency range. As it turns out, the results were - of course - in between all the others!

The good news is that it SOUNDS more correct now and for that I sincerely thank everybody here that supplied information.

The bad news is that playing with this combination is highly addictive and I'm driving the wife nuts with test tones!

Steve_D

Second Unit
Thanks Wayne, I am using a RS meter, with pure sine wave tones from a CD, and built a simple spreadsheet to do the RS conversions and graph the results. I was able to get my last room +-3 db from 20HZ to 100 HZ...interestingly there were some larger in room variances above where I had any control via the Sub EQ...but what can you do? Yes, I know, add acoustic treatment!

Yes, it takes awhile, good thing is once you have it its not soemthing that changes often, unless you change speakers or the way the room is set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks