sub cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BradK, Mar 17, 2002.

1. BradK

BradK Stunt Coordinator

My sub is connected via rca cable albeit a very thin one. I do plan on replacing it with a thicker guage, but was wondering should I buy the best rca cable I can find or what? I know any cable is better than one I have, just wondering how good I need to have for best signal to the sub. Also, my speakers are connected with 16 guage acoustic research cable. Is 16 guage ok, or would you go thicker? Furthest speaker would be close to 40 ft of cable away.Thx for help.

2. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

Just find a high quality RCA cable. Acoustic research (AR) has one that is 25ft long for about $25. That would work fine if you need that much cable. If not find a good shielded composite video cable that is the length you need. Try radioshack.

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Brad on the cheap the AR cables are a good bet for sub cables and cheaper interconnects. Future Shops prices aren't too bad on those either. For the speaker wire 40 feet is a long way for 16 guage I'd rather see you in the 12 guauge. If you have a Costco locally check them out for a 100 foot roll of 12 guage cables that looks VERY similar to monster's cable. Home Depot also sells similar looking cable for a good price.