What's new

Sub Cable (1 Viewer)

tremojem

Agent
Real Name
Paraden Nakaneer
What is the best cable to run from my Denon 3808CI "sub out" to my powered Paridigm PS100 subwoofer? Thank you all.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Anything reasonably priced with a decent build quailty (i.e., better than the stock cables you get in the box with a new piece of gear) will work fine for a subwoofer.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I use the same type of RG-6 cable that is run from my satellite dish. I had a few hundred feet left over so I used it. Add F connectors and F to RCA wall plate adapters and it works great. I do use 1/4" phono to RCA cables between the walls and equipment because I use pro audio gear to EQ and power my subs.

-Robert

tremojem

Agent
Real Name
Paraden Nakaneer
Thanks all...I have a 25' coax cable with gold ends. So I took your advice and bought some adapters and it works. My only concern is that it does not have heavy duty copper or shield, but since it has gold ends I am assuming it is better than the cheap crap you get with equipment (bundled). I have read that this is appropriate and that I do not need to spend more than 20 bucks for this cable. The adapters ran 10 bucks and the cable was about 15 bucks...guess it should work fine. It is not heavy duty or anything but is better than the cheap ones mentioned earlier in this post. I do not know how to check performance other than it works.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Yes, it's new stuff. Chemical symbol CuHD. Must be adopted by February of 2009, because the government is phasing out the old Cu. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltby
Recent bookmarks