What's new

Sub cable length (1 Viewer)

BobHaymond

Stunt Coordinator
From other posts, I have learned that my sub will be more accurate if it is placded somewhere alon my long wall. This would probably intail about 20" of sub cable. Would this length be okay, assumming high quality stuff?

Kerry Hackney

Stunt Coordinator
Bob, 20' should be no problem at all. A friend of mine just hooked up a sub about 25' away. He used coax with F-RCA adaptors. You can find them at Radio Shack among others. Many places also sell long RCA patch cords in the length your talking about.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
My second sub is located on the other side of my room and the cabling runs behind the wall, up to the ceiling, and down the other wall for a grand total of 40ft. I am also using F-coax to RCA adaptors for that run.

Scott_G

Second Unit
I'll third that - Coax with the Radio shack adapters. I'm using that configuration for Component video - 40 feet.

Works great.

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
mine is only 15 feet away. However for hiding cables and such. The run is 50 ft long with 3 interconnects. And I can tell no signal loss with it this way.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
You're going to have to play around with the sub's position to determine the best possible placement. I'd start in the corner adjacent to the two longest uninterrupted walls and go from there. What I'm saying is don't buy a 20ft cable and then realize that 25ft is the perfect placement option...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks