What's new

Sub built and now......... what? (1 Viewer)

AhsanR

Stunt Coordinator
So for those of you have helped me out, I built an avalanche 15. I was looking for design models, and I was suggested a bunch, but I did the best thing I think I could do, I called Chad from Ascendant Audio and he gave me an EXACT box for my sub to make. This sucker is a bit close to 8 cu ft.... its huge.

NOW its built....... but......

Anyone know of any good places to apply veneer OR make the Avalanche match my rockets??

I have found www.oakwoodveneer.com but 150 bucks is a CRIME to pay... or maybe I'm being cheap seeing as how I've spent over 700 dollars in two weeks.....

Any help would be appreciated to do justice to this sucker.

Paul His

Agent
8 cubic feet - Gloss black finish - easy.

Those words don't go in the same sentence. A large cabinet requires an extreme amount of finishing, sanding, refinishing, sanding, polishing to get a really nice gloss finish.

Paul

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
I take it your speakers are rosewood?

Two thoughts...

First is..there isn't anyway to match your Rockets with the same veneer unless you "buy" the same veneer. Just a thought.

Second is..you'll have to also match the stain.

Added to this is...if you really want to match them, add a top to your cabinet with rounded edges. Use MDF and make it slightly larger than your box. Paint it black with lots of sanded coats then apply a clear coat to it. That should come close to the look of your Rockets...

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Well, now that you have your sub, the logical next step is to shake the house apart with a good bass-filled movie. That's "what next".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks