What's new

sub bottoming constantly (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
I have a really lousy sub which I got free with the purchase of a center channel. It is only an 8" and I find that it bottoms out constantly if I have it at the ouput level that I want. The same deal is on now and I want to purchase a pair of bookshelves. If I had another one of these crappy subs and turned down the output of both would this help with my constant bottoming? Also, would this improve my subs extension. the specks say that it will only reach to 34 Hz will having 2 make this extension any better?

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Having 2 will not make the extension better. It will increase the output capability by 6db if they are collocated, so yeah it will help with the bottoming up to 6db louder.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
IMO, you are wasting your time with another one. Though you should be able to hit your desired SPL with two, you will still not be gaining improved performance a quality sub will get you. Sell that one and put the $ towards a better sub. My .02

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks