What's new

Sub auto shut off (1 Viewer)

pj_gt500

Auditioning
Real Name
Jared
So this winter i built a budget home theatre system with the funds i had at the time. I purchased a new marantz amp and i bought a used klipsch 7.1 speaker setup. It worked great for the first couple months and i was fairly pleased with the sound i was getting from the speakers.

Then one day the sub crapped out on me, or at least i thought it did. The sub would produce no sound most of the time except for the odd crackle when there should have been lots of bass. I assumed i got screwed and unhooked the sub. I tried it out again last week and again it was working perfectly. For about 5 days i enjoyed good bass and then it happened again. Then i realized that even when i shut the amp off, the sub would stay turned on.

The sub can be set to stay on or to shut off automatically but even on auto, it stays on all the time. Now i've resorted to unplugging it every time it's not in use. What do i have to do to make it shut off with the system?

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I prefer turning the sub on myself...I really really really hate it when the sub shuts off during quiet spots in movies, then bumps on just after the big explosion starts. Gah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks