What's new

Sub amp (1 Viewer)

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Soundstream DA-2 (1,000+ watts into 4 ohms). I've used it for multiple DIY subs (Adire, Dayton, BP 1803, AV15, etc.) and it performs perfectly.
JP

Jonathan T

Second Unit
The Soundstream DA-2=$+++. Also, what do you guys to to adjust the phase of your subs? Plate amps have phase adjustment but rack amps don't.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using the NHT SA-3 (250 watts) with my Hsu TN1220... I have the Hsu Bass Optimizer to flatten out the frequency response down to 20 Hz. I am very pleased with the setup.

Jonathan T

Second Unit
I was thinking of getting a QSC amp (cause they are cheeper) from a local store and using a BFD with it.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
One of my subs has a bridged Adcom 555. 600 watts for $275 from a local want ad. Used home amps work great for subs.

The BFD is a good idea... probably my next HT purchase. I don't believe it has phase adjustment, though. I've been contemplating building phase adjustment into my next DIY active crossover.

Jonathan T

Second Unit
I'd like to build a component that has phase, dampening, and crossover adjustment for the subs. And I don't want to sum the bass signal but keep them left and right. Now, I don't know how to design to I'd probably have to have someone design it for me.

RayJK

Stunt Coordinator
I used a bridged pair of channels from a Cinepro 2K5II. 750 watts into 4 ohms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks