What's new

Sub Amp Humming (1 Viewer)

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
My sub has a constant hum even when it is not hooked up to anything except being plugged into the wall. I tried using a cheater plug, plugging into different outlets, different houses. I'm thinking the amp might be bad. Problem is that this is a DIY Tempest sub i bought 3 or 4 years ago and I can't remember the guys name lol. I know its not under warranty but i'm hoping he could help me fix it. His name is Darren I believe and lives in Washington State. I am pretty sure its a Parts express amp. Would it be possible to order one and replace it myself? Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I had a PE 272w amp that developed a hum and after a couple of months shorted out, smoked, and died. Luckily it didn't hurt my driver. I replaced it w/ a 300w digital BASH amp from PE and have been pretty happy with it.

Patrick D

Stunt Coordinator
Is the hum loud? Is it coming from the amp or the driver? My PE amp always hummed, but it wasn't obnoxious unless you were sitting right next to it in a quiet room.

Could it be noise from a dimmer or other components in the house or noise on the line?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks