What's new

Sub advice please (1 Viewer)

Steve Bate

Auditioning
Hi guys,

I'm soon to receive my SVS PCi 25/31 (tuned to 22hz) sub and wondered if there's any point continuing using my existing sub, a MK VX7 Mk II (only goes down to 40hz flat). Is there some way of letting the MK assist with the mid bass letting the SVS plumb the depths?

Advice gratefully received!!

Steve from Sunny Cheshire in the UK

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
You could try using the high pass crossover function of the PCI and set the crossover at 50 hz or so, and send the signal to your MK and set the high pass crossover on that unit at 100 hz or so, so you would have the SVS handling bass for 22-50HZ, the MK handling 40-100Hz, and your speakers handling the rest. I am not sure if this is even a possiblity but just a thought

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
One thing I would like to try if I was in that situation was dedicating the MK for the surrounds to assist the surround speakers' bass response.

RenoV

Agent
Well, if they weren't in the ceiling it be a whole lot easier.

Basically you'd just run the speaker wire that are going to your rears into your sub, then from the sub to your rears (assuming your sub has speaker-level inputs). After you do that set your rears to LARGE on your receiver so that they get the full range. Set the x-over on your sub to filter to x-hz and it will get all the sound below that and send everything above that to the rears...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks