What's new

Sub $1k CD Players (1 Viewer)

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my Rega Planet 2000 for over two years now and was curious if there might be something that better suits me out there now. The models I'm looking at are:

Arcam DiVA CD73T
Rotel RCD-1072

Does anyone have experience with either of them? I listen mainly to rock (60's - present) and associated gear is:

Rotel RSP-1066 Pre/Pro
Rotel RMB-1075 Power Amp
Paradigm Reference Studio 100v3

Thanks,
Bill

RichardK

Second Unit
i own the Rotel RCD-02, retail $499...i looked at the 1072, but i applied the additional $200 elsewhere
i listened to NAD C542 as well...very nice.
neither not quite $1000 players, but close enough for my ears.

2ch system is Rotel RA-02, RCD-02 and pair of B&W 705.

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
Richard,

Interesting...so the difference wasn't enough for you to warrant spending $200 more?

I'll never buy another NAD CD Player. I've had bad experiences with a C520 then the C521 they sent as a replacement. Their disc players (CD&DVD) are notorious for quality problems but I do love their amps.

I'm going to try and audition both the Rotel and the Arcam but the Arcam dealer's got THE WORST HOURS so I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to get there.

Bill

RichardK

Second Unit
Bill,

well my budget was $500, and that was only because i was advised that would be the range to get a decent entry level 'hi-end' CD player.

If had a $1K budget for the player, i would have scooped up the 1072 player and then also the 1062 amp...

please keep us updated on the search...

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Well, what are you waiting for? You already own great Rotel gear, go ahead and get the 1072. Actually, I'd be interested in how the 1072 rates against the Rega. Rotel CD players are just plain smoothe. Cambridge Audio (not Soundworks) and Marantz also make some fine CD players.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks