What's new

sub $1000 music pair. (1 Viewer)

MikeNg

Second Unit
Consider auditioning a set of Onix Rockets (Signature 750's). If you go to audioenvy.com you may be able to locate an owner who's willing to audition them for you.

The 750's are currently on sale, but not under the 1G mark (close though).

I think these would make a fine start to a HT setup, and do really well for music now.

Mike

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'd also look at the Swans 6.1 BC at $1000 a pair. You can probably find someone on audioenvy to audition these as well.

Jacob C

Second Unit
I dont recall what originally turned me away from the swans. Maybe I should give them another look. I think I will end up listening to the Ascends. Is sounds like they are a real value and sound amazing. I am going to start another thread comaring the 340s and the Studio 40s form Paradigm.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If you're going to be using these 2ch w/out a sub I would look at a full range tower speaker instead of a monitor/bookshelf speaker. Otherwise you're going to lose a fair amount of low end. Something like the Swans 6.1 (good down to 35hz) or Rocket 750s (38hz) would probably be a better match. Actual low end response will have alot to do with your room but for fullrange w/ no sub i can't see a monitor/bookshelf giving you the desired results.

MikeNg

Second Unit
There are some bookshelves out there that will extend down to the sub-40Hz region, but they won't cost you $1000. Maybe $2000.

Mike

Jacob C

Second Unit
I found the bass response of the Studio 40's sufficient. Though I would prefer deeper bass I think anything similar to the 40's will be fine untill I can afford a sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks