Sub $1000 Home Theater

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by RossMomm, Aug 3, 2004.

1. RossMomm

RossMomm Auditioning

First off this would be my first post here at this forum. From teh looks of it, thsi is a very helpful place.
    I am looking to buy a home theater system. I don't want to buy a all-in-one solution due to the fact that they do what the do and thats all. I want a 5.1 reciever, speakers, sub, and DVD player. I have $1000 CDN to spend. Can't wait for your input. Thank you.

2. Jarett

Jarett Stunt Coordinator

Hey there,
    I also am into that budget, and I am considering a 6.1 system...ever thought of that? Its the wave of the future and there are already many dvds with it. The yamaha RX-V or HTR series recievers are looking very promising to me and I am considering them myself. Good Luck with your decisions!!

Jay

3. RossMomm

RossMomm Auditioning

Thanks Jay, I was looking at a Kenwood 6.1 reciever for $199 American $$, from best buy. What brand do you like best. I liek kenwood myself. I have also had some nice Pansonic electronics that are very nice.

4. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

For $225 you can get the Panasonic SA-XR50. The tri-path digital receivers will blow away the Kenwood in this range. Read some of the threads based upon these digital receivers. They have better sound quality than many $1000 receivers.

5. RossMomm

RossMomm Auditioning

I like the Panasonic SA-XR50 reciever. It looks like something i really buy. But where can I get it. I live in Ontario, Canada. I don't want to buy online.

6. RossMomm

RossMomm Auditioning

I found I can get the Panasonic receiver at my local futureshop for $349. Good price? should I look more? What about buying used?

7. Andy Nanton

Andy Nanton Auditioning

The Kenwood 7100 is a digital receiver that uses the same TI chipset for the amp that the Panasonic digitals are using.

I'd take a long hard look at the Onix setups which offer all 5.1 or 6.1 speakers with that receiver for $100.

Details here:

forum.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4205

8. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

I just bought a Denon/Mirage system from Tweeter for $1100. It included:

Denon 2802 6.1 AV reciever
    6 Mirage Omni sat speakers
    Mirage subwoofer

A bit more than your budget and does not include a DVD player. But a great sounding HTIB.